With use of modern computing power, we develop a new framework to search and detect the impact of natural disaster by integrating real-time computing, damage/loss estimation models, remote sensing and geo-informatics. The most important mission of our laboratory is to enhance the capabilities of disaster response/relief efforts and humanitarian activities by providing our research outcomes with particular regard to searching and mapping the areas and impacts of natural disasters.
NEWS & TOPICS
- NEW! (2017.09.08) > Mexico M8.1 earthquake of 2017 LINK
- (2017.07.21) > Turkey earthquake of 2017 LINK
- DIM2SEA Website is available! (Joint Project with the Hebrew University of Israel) (DIM2SEA Project) (2016.10.06)
- Our website is published!． (2016.08.01)
- Prof. Shunichi Koshimura received the Tohoku Communication Bureau Director's Award from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications． (2016.06.01)
- Assistant Prof. Erick Mas was appointed in our Laboratory as Associate Professor from June 1, 2016．(2016.06.01)